My top 10 tips for Celiac Disease sufferers – The Naturopath
Tips for Coeliac Disease sufferers
By: Parviz Rashvand, ND
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases including Coeliac result in extensive inflammation and tissue destructions. As a result, digestion and more importantly, absorption of nutrients become compromised and therefore, nutritional deficiencies always play a major role in the long-term outcome of such conditions. Details checkups reveal large amount of toxins in the body, extensive vitamin and mineral deficiencies and microbial growth in the body as a result of immune system disturbance and weakness. To help the patients, controlling the inflammation and excessive destruction is imperative. Detoxification actions must be supported and microbes should be eradicated by balancing the immunity. This is what I recommend:
- A complete avoidance of any gluten containing food, including not just wheat, rye and barley, but also soy sauce, modified food starch, ice cream, soup or alcoholic beverages. This will reduce the production of the toxins and will give a chance for cleansing the body!
- Abstain from milk or any milk product until the healthy intestinal function is restored.
- Regular intake of high quality raw veggies and fruits will supply plenty f enzymes to our body and enzymes will not only help digesting gluten, but they also digest inflammatory proteins and markers.
- A comprehensive supply of the RIGHT probiotics to carpet the inner lumen of the digestive system
- Stimulation of a more efficient pancreatic function in a key issue since pancreas is one of the most important digestive organs responsible for manufacturing of many different enzymes. We do this by using very specific nutritional supplements.
- Although vitamin Bs (esp B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6) and omega 3 fats (the essential fatty acids) are mainly deficient in those patients, supplementing them in the beginning could cause more problems due to the presence of active microbes in the body. They will also feed the bugs!!! In the later stage of the treatment, they will be totally fine but not from the beginning!!!
- Avoiding fried foods, large amounts of red meat, stimulants such as coffee or very spicy food, and sugar will help the body with the excessive inflammation
- Botanical preparations of marsh mellow (Althea officinalis, not the candy!), Silica as Horse tail, Burdock, Slippery elm, pure Aloe Vera gel, and medicinal clay (Bentonite) is always helpful
- To follow the Rules of Stomach will ensure less pressure and more comfort in the digestive system promoting healing
- Addressing stress as the most important debilitating factors for our health is a major point to consider. Long-term stress, whether physical, emotional or others will compromise immunity and digestive functions in everyone! It is, therefore, very important to recognize the source of the stress and address them properly to suit the individual. Quantum technology in medicine not only could detect the possible allergies and sensitivities in people, but also it could desensitize the body and address stress parameters in them.
Dr. Parviz Rashvand is a pioneer in many areas of Naturopathic Medicine in the UAE. He is trained both in conventional and natural medicine and has studied dentistry partially. Dr. Parviz is extremely passionate about helping patients suffering from cancer, MS, autism and other severe auto-immune and degenerative conditions.
DR Parviz practices at Synergy Medical Centre in Dubai. Click the logo on the right to go to their web page (opens in new window).