Crescent rolls with cheese
Crescent Rolls with Cheese
You will need:
3 small potatoes
2 cups of rice flour (approximately)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup milk or your favourite milk substitute
2 egg yolks (1 for the dough, 1 for grease)
¼ cup butter, soft but not melted
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small quarters. Cook them in a pot of salty water. Let them cool for 10 minutes and blend them. Let it cool completely.
- Preheat the oven for 180°C (365F, gas mark 4)
- Combine 1 egg yolk and the potatoes in a bowl, and add the milk, the backing powder with the vinegar and mix it well.
- Add the butter and the rice flour; use your hand to bring the dough together.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. On a floured surface, roll out one portion of the dough into a large rectangle about 6 mm thick and cut it 4-6 equal triangle.
- Put cheese in the base of your rectangle and roll it up. You can use a parchment paper to make it easier.
- Grease the crescent rolls with egg yolk and let them cool in the fridge for 10 minutes before you put them into the oven.
- Bake them about 30 minutes.
Replace the cheese with jam or walnuts, and sprinkle sugar in the top.